Tuesday 3 February 2015

YOU EITHER BUILD YOUR DREAM OR HELP OTHER BUILD THEIRS


The other day, I was headed for my place, tired and weary. Then a train of thoughts invaded my mind that I almost passed by my door.

I recalled of a young man, Thomas Elot, from the far flung Samburu who had a dream of owning a sanitary pad factory to cheaply produce the towels to the marginalized girls in the larger North Eastern. So, I did his story in the newspaper, did him a proposal, and told him of Africa Development Bank, which funds "development projects" like his. Today, he owns a 18 million factory employing 160 formerly jobless Samburus, including his father!!

In 2012, I met Monday Orucho Nyanchienga, a intellect who worked with zeal and zest, and established an impeccable brand. Today, he is one of the most sought after political and educational advisors in western Kenya.

In 2012 again, I met Dr. Ruth Wanjau, an outstanding Chemist with a motivational passion. And together, we have traversed over 150 schools and ten universities doing what we love most - Inspiring young lives.

In 2013, I met two amazing professors, PLO Lumumba and Joseph Nyasani. These scholars have mentored a scholarly coterie of intelligentsia which is now replacing ignorance with wit locally and internationally.

In 2014, as it was ending, I had a chance to talk to Prof Ben Carson, He of the Think Big and The Big Picture bestsellers. A tremendous medic from a knife welding street who gives lives back to people, quite literary.

And at this point I realized one thing that they have in common. They worked towards achieving their dream. But them I realized that there are so many people who found themselves working towards the achievement of the dream of these guys simply because they never worked to achieve their own.

Now I asked myself, whose dream am I working towards?

Well, Ask yourself the same question!!

No comments:

Post a Comment