Tuesday 3 February 2015

THE MOTIVATOR’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE


The greatest problem that we are experiencing in our country is failing to believe in ourselves. Our universities produce engineers who are annoyed if you don’t call them so, doctors who we lack faith in, professionals, who we always underrate. But again, I ask, why do we believe in foreign?

We travel abroad in suits and ties like Britons instead of being African and dress in vitenges. The orange juice that we find in our supermarkets is imported from the valley of Sherry in South Africa because we believe Oranges from Coast are not quality. We import fruits from Egypt, a desert, which buys soil from us. We want to import the latest Mercedes and Rangerovers when we have never exported even a needle from our country. 

Are we children of a lesser God or we have decided to burn our abilities in the “WE CAN’T MAKE IT” notion?

Maybe, this is the reason Motivators are born. to ignite reason to transform bring a change. It pains me to see desperate youths across the country who lack even a role model. Even a passive one. I have seen students who have accepted to fail. I have encountered prematurely expired minds. But in the motivator's element, I'm doing all I can to change a thing or two. I will not be cowed or intimidated by whatever challenge. Soon, I will be the motivational speaking “face” of Africa.

Seeing people change is my spiritual fulfillment. Seeing minds amplified is my earnest wish. It’s my life’s biggest ambition apart from calculating sums which I even don’t know answers.

A story is told in Achinua Achebe's ' Things fall Apart' of how Unoka plants but then realises that his farm does not produce much fruits as his neighbours does. So he move to the god and asks him" how comes I plant the same seeds as my neighbour but his produces much yield than mine? " The god looking at him told him, everyone knows that you have been planting in the same land for more than twenty years. So in the same way, we have to change our tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment