Tuesday 9 June 2015

FROM HOUSE-HELP TO GRADUATE, DORCAS WAMBUA SPEAKS OUT

Dorcas with the sponsor who changed her life
 My names are Dorcas Wambua born in a family of five i.e. my two parents and my two sisters Miriam and Faith. I was born in rich family but I grew up from a humble background.
In 2003 when I was in class three my dad passed away and we were left helplessly and hopelessly with no place to call home since my dad’s family had rejected us and took all our wealth and belongings and we had to live a dog’s life putting food on the table was a nightmare to us.
My mum worked tirelessly to keep us in school sometimes we could miss school due to financial break down. Days months and years came and went still in the same situation.
In 2005 my mum begun to be sick, believe me not life was miserable and more worse by that time I was in class 7 I had to drop out of school and work as a house-help for two years (2) in a monthly salary of 1000 shillings and I could safe only 500 shillings for school.
In 2007, my mum kicked the bucket and left us with our little sister who was even breastfeeding. Life continued to be more worse. We could only take a cup of porridge for supper the other two meals we could skip. After my mums, burial one of my aunt took me to her house, my little sister was left with my uncle’s wife while the older sister had gotten married since she could not preserve and cope with the situation. I left with my aunt to a place called Kibwezi where I schooled from class 7 through 8. Unfortunately life was the same you can imagine out of the frying pan into the fire as they say. I could go to school while my stomach is empty. My aunt hated me because I was one of the best pupils in the school and that I was still the best amongst her children. She exploited me by giving me a lot of tasks to do from school I could go and fetch water with a bicycle, at the same time no food they ate and washed the dishes so that when I come I will justice they didn’t cook.
Believe me, teachers could bring me food in school and even neighbors could feel pity for me. She used to cane me mercilessly as if am an animal. K.C.P.E came only to find that I had passed with flying colors.
I used to pray to God to open doors for us. God did miracles to me and I got sponsorship with the whites from Belgium and Netherlands. They took me to a children home. I was surprised to find my younger sister already there, tears of joy rolled down my cheeks surely what a miracle! My sponsors took me through secondary education and right now am in university. All the glory to God. Am now chasing my dreams of being successful lady in future to be a woman of integrity and to be a blessing to many, living as a testimony to many and whenever I retell my history people get encouraged, motivated and moved.
Therefore, everyone has a dream no matter how difficult the situation is trust in God and hope for prosperity in life for God has good plans for us in Jeremiah 29:11, Matthew 7:7 Ask and you shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened to you.
Am now going to change my background from rags to riches and from nothing to something all the glory to God lets chase our dreams for they will take us far for you need to observe the future and act before it comes. Yours dreams are an indicator of your potential and greatness. The creation of a thousand forests of opportunity can be found in one small a corn of an idea. Therefore visualize and have a vision because you will perish, focus on a future that is bright and make no plans to go backwards.
Dorcas at her office

No comments:

Post a Comment